Monday, September 13, 2010

Assignment #1

1. A brief statement on why you are in this class.

What I researched on and had interested in during the master course was image processing, computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning, and related algorithms, etc. However, after having work experience at the company, I had to and needed to draw the big and whole picture of the system, or process, or sometimes workflow, especially when working as a group. I think I just looked into the details without seeing the wood for tree for a while. Because the groupware penetrated deep into our daily lives with or without knowing its existence, I believe this class will offer the crucial related concepts of the collaborative system, things to be considered by reading many publications as many as I can, a chance to implement the collaborative system by doing the group project. Moreover, I hope to propose several creative ideas during the project using all the available means and additionally, I may be able to experience other programming languages I've not used before with other project members.
From CSCW course, I expect to learn and capture the following things. These are kind of my personal objectives in this class ;
1. To know the exact concept of computer-based collaborative system
2. To consider many challenging technical and non-technical issues of groupware for developers
3. To understand its current limitation and promise by keeping up with assigned publications plus searching the state of the art technology or system reading other papers.
4. To consider may points of view for developers, users, and the like expecting a future paradigm of CW
5. Beyond the groupware, I'd like to read papers about the spatial hypertext and information visualization

During the semester, the above things can be updated as I attend the class and read more papers. : )


2. Also include a list of collaborative software that you use regularly.
(Actually, I noticed this after listing the collaborative software below)

Currently, I use
1. Gmail
2. FaceBook
3. Twitter
4.Howdy tamu (for email and scheduling)
5. Google group.
6. MSN Messenger
7. MS outlook
8. Doodle poll
etc.

Also, I used
1. IBM Clear Case(software configuration/version control & management tool)
2. IBM Clear Quest(software change management tool mainly for reporting defects and fix-up)
3. SVN
4. GIT (version control system)
5. Gerrit (web-based code review system)
6. Outlook scheduling
etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment